Friday, February 13, 2009

Kindle 2 (electric boog-a-loo)




Why does technology make me want to buy it so much? I'm already a sucker for all things Apple and thought that I had arrived when I got an iphone. How do I love thee iphone? Let me create an impromptu iphone haiku immediately here on the spot she says redundantly.

"Ding in my pocket,
be it a text or email
I will check that shit"

See, a poem means love. But now I find out about Kindle 2. Some evil marriage between Amazon.com and books. You can download over 230,000 books, newspapers, magazines and blogs anywhere AND it will even read to you. Do you know how many books I have sitting on my night side table? I mean just for the sake of my spartan sensibility one pencil thin kindle 2 is better than a shit ton of books that may or may not stack well. Hmmm, the only part of the equation that I don't covet is the $359.00 price tag. I mean- it's not even in color.

2 comments:

  1. I like anything that is as thin as a pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The possibilities for K-12 education are interesting. No more 50 pound backbacks, cutting forests to print books, and it would be cost effective in a maximum of three years. I had better find another job.

    ReplyDelete