Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A new obsession


I love to discover new music and with the recent end of the year top 10 lists have been happily wallowing in several different offerings. One story in particular has stood out. The heartbreak and mopey stylings of Joe Ziemba former frontman of Wolfie (another band I had never heard of). This is his response to his cheating spouse and former band mate and resulting divorce. It is heart wrenching and beautiful, melodic and raw. It almost makes you want to be going through your own betrayal in order to sympathize (almost). My husband wonders if I am trying to send a secret message as I play it over and over again. But fortunately I am just a sucker for minor chord music and his Elliott Smith like voice. The upside to sharing his emotional wound to the world- it's been selling better than all his other work in various different bands. Living well is the best revenge if you ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment