Saturday, February 21, 2009

Uhhhhhhh

ArtbyMarilyn has a certain- outsider appeal to it to say the least. This Jesus and 9/11 print of an original oil painting offers these thoughts on America's darkest day in recent history. While you might be thinking- I don't really remember the rainbow, Marilyn offers her insight behind the art.
"In 2001 I painted the Twin Towers at the urging of my childhood friend, Terry Pergande. He said I should do something for the world during this difficult time.

I decided to paint New York’s Twin Towers with Jesus looking down on them to combine the tragedy with spirituality. I didn’t fell the painting was completed until I added something to symbolize hope - so I added the rainbow.

Thank you for stopping by Art By Marilyn.

Have a beautiful day." 


Marilyn also offers her thoughts on Clowns- and she actually almost gets it right with the "horrific time in my life" part. Unfortunately not making the clown/horrific connection. Sad. She also tends to share too much. Oh, well it's her therapy, not mine.
"Ironically I painted this clown during a very horrific time in my life. I was going through a bad divorce after years of abuse, my stepson was taken away by his real mother, and then I had a miscarriage. Once again I turned to painting as a form of therapy to help me survive those trying times.

I remembered sitting with my mom and dad watching Red Skelton on TV. We would all laugh as he performed these crazy skits during his shows. Skelton wasn’t always the happy comic we saw on TV. He had a very difficult life but he found solace by painting clowns. So I decided to do the same. I started out painting just an everyday clown but in the end I could see in it Red Skelton’s face.

This bittersweet painting reminds us all that even clowns are sad sometimes."

Marilyn has 655 pieces of art for sale on Etsy- so stop on by and see what she has been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment